Christmas shoppers and festive revellers can enjoy a hassle-free journey into Nottingham thanks to the city’s tram network.
With the exception of Christmas Day, NET will be running a full timetable through the holidays and extra late-night trams on New Year’s Eve.
Rebekah Smith, NET Marketing Manager, commented: “By travelling by tram, customers can avoid Christmas congestion on the roads and the hassle and expense of finding a parking space.
“Whether you’re planning a visit to the city’s popular Winter Wonderland in Old Market Square, last minute shopping or meeting friends for a festive night out, NET is gearing up to help people make the most of the festive fun.”
Over the holiday, tram customers can also make real savings on travel thanks to the great value Group Ticket, available all day, every day, from December 21 until January 5.
Usually available at weekends and from 4pm Monday to Friday, it offers unlimited travel for one or two adults and up to three children for just a fiver.
“Thousands of free spaces at our park and ride facilities across the city offer further savings – leaving NET customers with a little extra cash to spend in the city’s fantastic selection of shops, bars and restaurants!” Rebekah added.
Full details of Christmas and New Year services are listed below:
- Christmas Eve - Normal service.
- Christmas Day - No service.
- Boxing Day - Sunday service, trams from every 10 minutes.
- 27th - 30th Dec - Normal service
- New Year’s Eve - Normal service until 11.30pm when there will be no service between Royal Centre and Nottingham Station to allow for street celebrations. Full services resume at 00.30am with trams to all destinations until approximately 1.20am.
- New Year’s Day - Sunday service, trams from every 10 minutes.
- 2nd January - Normal service resumes.